Saturday, January 10, 2009

Andy's Birthday!

This past week was our close friend's birthday, so I made him dinner. I made a new recipe called Caramel Apple Pork chops. Unfortunately the boys were difficult at the end of cooking and the sauce was nearly evaporated by the time I got the boys settled down. So it ended up being more of a marmalade consistency, but what was left of it was very tasty and I'm eager to make it again.
.
For dessert I made a mayonnaise cake. It's one of his favorite recipes that his Mom makes. I'm happy to say that I was successful to making it up to his Moms standards.

Ephraim was upset that he didn't get to help blow out the candles, so we lit a couple again and let him help, and as you can see Andy had to put his hand in front of Judah's mouth to keep him from doing it first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww...Emma is getting so big!!

What the heck is mayonnaisse cake? I have never heard of that.