Monday, February 7, 2011

This and That

Last week we got yet another snow storm, and this one was very big! We got around 12". It was too cold to play in it at first, but recently we got a couple warm days and it made the snow compact-able. The neighbor girls came over and we made this giant snow man. It was quite a challenge to get the middle part on, but we did it!

This weekend we worked on making homemade Valentines for their school parties. They won't be nearly as pretty as pre-made bought ones, but they will be personal. I made one to show them the idea, and then let them make their own. I used red felt for the heart, but I think next time I would just use construction paper. When the kids used too much glue it came through the felt, and it was a little difficult to draw on.

The other weekend I went to a 80's theme birthday party! It was a lot of fun to dress up and listen to "Carmen" It brought back great memories of making up dances with my sister and cousins!!


No comments: