Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Another Sewing Adventure

I've been hating the pile of plastic bags under the sink and I've seen holders for them at stores and saw that they seemed pretty easy to make. I finally got the ambition to do it and it took me less than 30 min!! It's far from perfect, but I didn't want to spend much time on it. No one is really going to see it, and it does the job!! I used a pair of my sons pants that one leg had a hole in it. I cut the other leg off and sewed elastic in the un-hemmed edge and used another piece of the pants to make a strap. So the bottom of the pant is actually the top.

Put bags in from the top.....
And pull one out from the bottom when needed!!
Now my bags are hanging in our garage right outside our kitchen over our chest freezer. Easy access and no mess!!

3 comments:

Faith said...

Great job! Making simple, useful things can be so satisfying. :-)

Unknown said...

When I took a sewing class a few years ago, we made one. Best thing ever!

Jessica said...

Oops. Averi was logged into Google. That last comment was from me.