Monday, September 19, 2011

Where have we been?.....

So, I know it has been FOREVER since I've posted, but who really reads this anyway?!? However I have a fairly good excuse, 3 actually. We have a new addition to the the family, started homeschooling, and went on vacation. Anyway, I will try to cover our recent vacation and such.

First I drove with the 5 kids to South Carolina all by myself, yes you read that right. Paul's family rented a beach house and we couldn't go because we were already planing a trip "home" to Pa to see family and introduce them to Eryn-Elizabeth, and Paul didn't have enough PTO to do both. However, I love an adventure and decided I could do it by myself. If you know me you know that "I can do it myself." was the first sentence I said! So, with my husbands blessing, I packed up and left. I booked a hotel  a bit over half way. It was a 19 hour drive total. Judah helped my by giving the baby a bottle in her seat while we drove so we didn't have to stop other than gas/potty breaks. "I don't care if you have to go or not, we are getting gas and you are going to TRY, because we are not stopping again till we need more gas!! " Was said more than once. We safely made it across the country and the kids couldn't wait to get to the beach. So, I put aside my OCD to unpack everything and get it all in it's place and just unpacked the important things and got their swim suits on and off we went to see the ocean. They were annoyed that I made them stop to take a picture, so this is the best I got :)

We spent several days there. I can't say that it was relaxing. I mean being at the beach responsible for 5 kids is a bit nerve racking, but they had fun and was very thankful to all the help I got from the family! One morning I was up with the baby and after feeding her decided I'd go walk the beach instead of get another hour or less of sleep. It was nice to get a few moments of peace!
Pretty Sunrise
The time away from home was good for Paul too. Not to say that he wasn't sad or wished he could be with us, but he got some good guy time with his friends and a little down time to think. The kids had a blast and was fun to catch creatures and find shells.




Here are just some other pictures from the beach. Enjoy.


Me doing a handstand.

Well, that's all the time I have for now. Will try to post the rest of our trip soon. Including a flood and a zoo.

2 comments:

BB said...

You are much braver than I. And I only have two "older" children. Great blog and pictures!

DiDew said...

I enjoy reading your blogs. I really should start blogging. I love to write and would probably do it more for myself than actually expecting people to read it. Then, if anyone, enjoyed reading it, that would be a bonus. Still can't believe you drove 19 hours by yourself, with your five kids.