Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Projects

Here are some of the fun Christmas stuff we have done already. We've made sugar cookies. Unfortunately there aren't any pictures of us making them because my hands were covered in dough and flour or icing, helping them out. But, they had fun!

We have also made a gingerbread train. This was quite the task. The kids were very excited!



Laying out the pieces.

softening the icing.

Dry run to make sure we have them all in the right spot.

Gluing it together with the icing.


Judah insisted that we decorate it like the box. Now this was very frustrating to me and my perfectionism. The icing does not come out nice and was hard to work with. Thankfully the kids didn't mind it being a bit messy.

The finished train.

I've been wanting to do an advent for years, and was finally inspired by a cousin (Thanks Faith) to finally do one. So, I had all the kids color some pages and I rolled them up into a cone shape, numbered them, and strung them on the wall.

Then I drew a Christmas tree and made ornaments and put one in each cone. Along with an ornament, I put a part of the "Real Christmas Story."

Judah pulling out the first part of the story.....


and putting on the first ornament.


We have also put up our nativity set which is made of olive wood bought in Bethlehem from my In-laws from one of their visits to Israel.



Judah was excited to place baby Jesus.


1 comment:

Faith said...

I love your advent calendar! :) Those cookies look fun -- I've just finally remembered to buy Christmas themed cookie cutters this year, so gingerbread is in our future...