
I wanted to start with something simple and not important. I don't really have any sewing things around the house. Only what came with the machine. One extra needle and a couple things of thread. If anyone could give me tips of "must haves" when it comes to sewing, I would love to hear it. I found an old flannel bag that originally came with sheets in it. I decided this would be an easy good thing to start with. So, I cut the bottom off and sewed a hem (wrongly) and made a skirt for Emma Grace. I didn't fold the hem in, so I'm sure it will start to fray pretty quick, but like I said, at least it isn't something important. Overall it was a good experience. I'm really excited, but nervous to create things from scratch with patterns and all that. Although finding the time with 4 little kids will be a challenge. It's not something they can really help with at this age. Hopefully this won't be something that will fall to the side, but I will get excited and bold about.




1 comment:
Good for you!! Something that can be fun is sourcing fabric from a Goodwill or Salvation Army -- look in the men's or plus-sized clothing sections for good yardage, then cut what you need. :)
Post a Comment