Sunday, February 21, 2010

Feburary Catch Up

I know I haven't posted in awhile, so I will try and get you caught up on February. Emma Grace is so cute. She like to try and get dressed by herself with whatever she can find. This is how I found her the other day. Those are Judah's underwear.

We have had a lot of snow this year. Way more than usual. Here are some pictures of one of the snowfalls in February. The flakes were HUGE! Some of them were the size of your hand!

Knowing that I was going to go home for a couple days with Emma Grace and leave Paul with the boys, I wanted to make sure he got a decent break before I left. So, I decided to take the kids out for an entire day, because Paul's idea of a good time is to stay home and game or write. I got up in the morning and took Judah to school, went to Target to exchange some things, then to the mall to walk around shops and play in the play area.



After the mall we went to a McDonald's with a playground. As you can see, Emma Grace is quit tired here since she missed her morning nap, and I'm not sure what the reason is for the face Jacob has, but it's cute.

After McD's we went to the $2 theater to watch "Planet 51." I was hoping Emma Grace would sleep through it since she hadn't had a nap all day. Well, didn't happen, so I ended up chasing her around the theater for most of the movie. Thankfully there weren't many other people and the boys sat well. From what I saw of the movie, it was good, and the boys seemed to enjoy it. After the movie all the kids fell asleep in the car as expected. I took the car through a car wash and went to pick up Judah from school. After I got Judah we went to Chuck-E-Cheese. I was happy to see that it wasn't busy since I was there with 4 kids by myself. We got a pizza for dinner and some tokens and the kids had fun. As you can see, they weren't thrilled to stop playing to eat.

Picking out prizes with the tickets they got from playing games.

We went home and they all went to bed pretty well after all that fun, and Paul had a nice quiet day. This past Tuesday night I flew home with Emma Grace to help my Mom paint their new house for a couple days. My flight out wasn't the smoothest, but I got there. The visit had it's ups and downs. We got a lot done. My mom and I work well together, but on Thursday I was sick. I was able to work through it during the day, but ended up in the bathroom all evening and night puking and junk. I can only remember a few times in my life being close to that sick. Thankfully, the next day I felt much better and was able to keep working, and that evening Mom treated me to dinner and the spa, with bit of shopping. Here are some pictures of the rooms we got painted.
This is the door from the original house that my parents spent endless hours scrapping and sanding. It turned out beautiful!

This is my Dad's study. We did a sued finish. The pictures don't do it service! The color is more like the first picture than the second.

This is the big open floor plan. Living, dining, kitchen. The beams on the ceiling are also restored from the old house.

This is the laundry room, and again it is hard to see the finish. It's called river rock. It's a rock gray. The other picture is the half bath and is a soft green.

Yesterday, my best friend Shannon picked me up and we went to the mall and she treated Emma Grace and I out to lunch, then we let Emma run the halls of the mall to run out some of her energy. And of course, we couldn't go home with out chocolate, Gertrude Hawk! Thanks Shannon!

Shannon and I before she dropped me off at the airport.

Hopefully next month I will stay on top of posts better. We have a birthday boy and should be having a visitor in March.

No comments: