Sunday, January 23, 2011

More Snow

We have gotten quite a bit of snow so far this winter. Some years we barely see any and already we have surpassed the weatherman's prediction of snow amounts for the entire winter. I am happy we got some snow, but I'm done with it now and ready for spring! I am thankful that there isn't any snow in the forecast for this week. It will be nice to have a normal week! With all the snow we got we made a big pile and then I hollowed it out to make an igloo. It took me all day and didn't get it as hollowed out as I wanted, but it was fun minus trying to keep the kids from climbing on it and collapsing it on my while I was in it. By the time I was done, the little 2 had gone in side, but I think 3 if not all 4 of them could have fit in it!

2 comments:

Faith said...

Great job on the igloo! My boys are pretty sad that snow is basically NEVER in the forecast here (except for one flurry and then one REAL snowfall last year -- first in about 10 or 20 years, apparently), but I personally could live without any more snow for the rest of my life. :-)

Also, hooray for potty training! I'm kind of jealous -- not of the messes that you get to clean up, but of being able to move on beyond the diapers. Jonah's just not quite ready, but I'm waiting expectantly for That Right Moment.

The Kansas City Hoovers said...

Thanks! I enjoy one good snow storm, but then I'm ready for spring! Thankfully it does come quicker here than it does back in Pa/Ny!

It's been nice to skip buying diapers! $10 in my grocery budget :) This is my second time potty training Emma Grace. She was pretty much trained and then we went back to Pa for several weeks and totally fell back, so I decided to wait until after the holiday's to do it again. She is much older now and it seems to be going a little bit easier than the first time, but still a good amount of "those" type of messes.