Thursday, January 20, 2011

Training

So, a week from today, I started potty training Emma Grace. It's always an adventure and patients stretcher! I'm not sure if it's because she is a girl or if it's just because she is my fourth child doing it, but it has seemed easier than with the boys. Don't get me wrong, it has still been a challenge, but she seems to understand for the most part. She has had some really good days, and some not so good days. I'm not being to hard core. I'm putting pull-ups on her when we go to church and stuff, but trying to not be lazy about it! Potty training is not pretty, but we all go through it. I get tired of cleaning out poopy underwear and extra laundry, but it has to be done at some point. I was really shocked last night. I heard some noise and then she crawled in bed with us, and when I went to put her back in her bed I found her bed wet (first night she had an accident all week!), and noticed she wasn't. I found her wet clothes on the floor in the bathroom and she was wearing a clean pull-up. She had woke up, changed her self and just gotten in bed with us. AMAZING! Hopefully the messes to clean up will get farther and fewer in between quickly! Regardless, I am so proud of her. Sometimes she goes all by herself with out me even telling her to go.

Washing hands, teaching good hygiene. Hopefully it will stick with her better than it did the boys!
All you others out there in the process, good luck! I know how it is and feel your pain! Just think of all the money we'll save not buying diapers!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yay, Emma! I'm convinced it's a girl thing. Averi was obviously my 1st, and she was soooo easy. Of course I thought the boys would be easy because she was. Wrong! I'm hoping Marcus surprises me and is just like his Sissy, but I've already got my doubts. I'm already dreading the day when it's time to train him. I just hate potty training.